Singapore integrated resort Marina Bay Sands has reopened for business after closing earlier this week when two casino dealers tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a statement posted on the companys website, MBS resumed operations from 4pm on Wednesday following an extensive deep-cleaning process and a directive for all other employees who are close contacts of the duo to stay home and isolate.
However, the property will now operate under limited capacity and stricter Safe Management Measures until at least 13 June 2021, including a limit of two people per gaming table.
All restaurants are now closed for dine-in, while attractions such ArtScience Museum, Digital Light Canvas and SkyPark Observation Deck will operate at 25% capacity. Up to 100 guests will be allowed to attend Sands Expo events pending a pre-event COVID-19 test but hotels remain open.
We will continue to be vigilant on all fronts, including stringent cleaning regimes, safe distancing measures and an enhanced Covid-19 testing regime for staff, MBS said.
The stricter measures come as Singapore grapples with another outbreak of COVID-19, with the number of community cases in the past week rising to 187 compared with 49 in the previous week. Singapore reported 34 new cases early Thursday morning.
Resorts World Sentosa is also operating at reduced capacity with similar measures in place as MBS.
The well-being of all our guests and team members has always been our priority, RWS said in a statement of its own.
We are committed to supporting the Multi-Ministry Taskforce and adhering to the stricter safe management measures (Phase 2) that have been announced in light of the heightened COVID-19 situation.
From 16 May to 13 June 2021, most attractions and hotels will be operating at revised capacities. Additionally, TraceTogether-only SafeEntry has been implemented across the resort to ensure that every moment is as safe as it is enjoyable for everyone.